4/24/2020 -- The Elements of Beer
OFFICIAL BREWERY EVENT FROM Captain Lawrence Brewing Company
Visit Official Event Site
Join us as we examine the basic ingredients of beer and their impact on the final product!Believe it or not, four simple ingredients serve as the base for almost all beers. Water, malts, hops and yeast all play crucial roles in determining the brew in your glass. Simply by tweaking the varietals of each ingredient brewers can create the vast amount of styles that populate our shelves today.
What are some of the different types of malt, hops and yeast? Do minerals in water really have an impact on the final beer? When did these four ingredients become the norm in brewing?
Join us as we examine these basic ingredients to learn more about the unique characteristics they have to offer while sampling Captain Lawrence beers that showcase each element.
- The impact of water, malt, hops and yeast have on the brewing process
- An overview of brewing process
- An analysis of the various characteristics ingredients have on the final product
- The history of the ingredients used in brewing
- Styles that showcase certain ingredients
- The history, and reasoning, behind the creation of classic styles
Price of Tuition Covers:
- 5 pours of Captain Lawrence beers
- 1 "Special Guest" pour
- Family Style pizzas
Event listing posted on February 6, 2020 12:25PM