3/27/2020 -- It's Barreling Time!
OFFICIAL BREWERY EVENT FROM Captain Lawrence Brewing Company
Visit Official Event Site
Join us as we explore all the nooks and crannies behind barrel-aged beers!Wooden barrels served as the norm in beer storage for hundreds of years. Despite being an integral part of brewing history, however, purposely aging beers in barrels is a relatively new practice. Spirit barrels, in particular, have become a hot commodity in the American craft beer market as brewers work to create increasingly complex beers.
Why did breweries decide to start barrel-aging beers? How does time in a barrel change the characteristics of a finished beer? Which beer styles, and barrels, are best for this process?
Join us as we explore all the nooks and crannies behind barrel-aged beers while tasting some of the most coveted beers Captain Lawrence has to offer!
- The history behind the use of barrels in beer production and the recent growth of spirit-aged beers
- The science behind flavor changes in barrel-aged beers
- What makes a beer suitable for aging
- A run-down on various spirit barrels and complimentary beer flavors
Price of Tuition Covers:
- 5 pours of Captain Lawrence beers
- 1 "Special Guest" pour
- Family Style pizzas
Event listing posted on February 6, 2020 12:21PM