SEATTLE – Seattle Cider Company and Major Brands Distributing are excited to announce a new partnership, and the fast approaching launch of Seattle Cider’s unique selection of dry craft ciders in Missouri. Becoming the eleventh state to carry Seattle Cider Company since their August 2013 opening, Missouri will enjoy the growing cidery’s entire year round, limited and seasonal lineup statewide beginning February 16.
“We’re really excited to be heading to St. Louis for our first launch of 2016,” said Joel VandenBrink, founder and CEO of Seattle Cider Company. “We know the market is dedicated to craft and can’t wait to introduce our dry ciders with some amazing local partners there to support us.”
“Major Brands is equally excited to welcome Seattle Cider to St. Louis and the Show Me state. As Missouri’s largest local distributor and one that emphasizes quality and performance, the brand fits perfectly into our portfolio. We have no doubt that St. Louis will show Seattle Cider Company the love,” Sue McCollum, Major Brands CEO, said.
Known for its handcrafted collection of dry, flavorful ciders – successfully bridging the gap between beer and wine – Seattle Cider Company offerings are made from 100 percent fresh-pressed Washington apples, gluten free and never from concentrate. Scheduled to be available in 16-ounce cans, 22-ounce bottles and on draft throughout Missouri, initial Seattle Cider Co. offerings will include:
- Dry: Dry and pleasantly acidic, flavors of nectarine and under ripe peach hit the palate with no residual sweetness. One of the driest ciders on the market. 0 brix, 6.5% ABV, 16-ounce can, draft.
- Semi-Sweet: A light, crisp cider with just a touch of sweetness, this cider is honey in color with notes of bergamot orange, lemon and apple. A refreshing cider, it reveals hints of apricot on the palate. 2.6 brix, 6.5% ABV, 16-ounce can, draft.
- Three Pepper: A small-batch, limited-edition cider, the Three Pepper features an aroma of fresh, green jalapeños. Paired with a unique flavor profile, it combines the taste of poblano, habanero and jalapeño peppers, giving this cider a kick followed by a subtly sweet finish. 3.2 brix, 6.9% ABV, 22-ounce bottle, draft.
- Gin Botanical: Fermented with spent gin botanicals from Batch 206 Distillery, our Gin Botanical is a semi-dry cider showcasing lemon, orange rind, juniper, cucumber and verbena. Like the spirit that inspired it, this cider is complex, clean, aromatic and refreshing. 1.8 brix, 6.9% ABV, 22-ounce bottle, draft.
- Basil Mint (arriving early March): A seasonal cider fermented with fresh basil and mint, this off-dry cider starts savory and floral, complemented perfectly by a tart, clean finish. Available March – May. 1.8 brix, 6.9% ABV, 16-ounce can, draft.
To celebrate its Missouri launch, the Seattle Cider Company team will be hosting tastings and events throughout the St. Louis and Columbia area the week of February 16. Events include:
- Tuesday, February 16: West Coast Invasion! Tap takeover from Seattle Cider Company and California’s Green Flash Brewing Company at 21st Street Brewers Bar in St. Louis, 5-8pm
- Wednesday, February 17: Sample craft cider at two Columbia locations! Join team members from Seattle Cider Company at Craft Beer Cellar and Macadoodles Columbia from 4-6pm for complimentary samples and swag.
Thursday, February 18: Official St. Louis Welcome, hosted by 4 Hands Brewery. Seattle Cider Company and 4 Hands Brewing partner up to introduce craft cider to the St. Louis market at their brewery tasting room, 5-8pm
Additional ciders will become available in market as they are released throughout the year. Seattle Cider Co. products can currently be found in stores and on tap throughout Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Illinois, Austin, Wisconsin, California, Minnesota, Nevada and soon, Missouri, with growing list of locations available at seattlecidercompany.com. For more information about Seattle Cider, Minnesota launch events and more, follow Seattle Cider Company on Facebook, Twitter (@seattleciderco) and Instagram (@seattleciderco).
About Seattle Cider Company
Not your standard cider. Seattle Cider Company is city’s first cidery since Prohibition, bringing true craft cider back to Seattle and across the country. Bridging the gap between wine and beer with flavorful, small-batch cider, Seattle Cider Company’s year round and seasonal offerings break the mold of overly sweet cider, bringing the natural flavors of Washington apples to the forefront. Naturally gluten free and made from a custom blend of fresh pressed, locally grown apples, Seattle Cider Company’s products are handcrafted with all natural ingredients and never from concentrate. Seattle Cider products are currently available throughout Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Illinois, Austin, Wisconsin, California, Minnesota, Nevada and soon, Missouri and Colorado. Visit our tasting room, The Woods, open weekly Tuesday – Sunday at 4700 Ohio Ave. S. in Seattle. For more information, visit seattlecidercompany.com, or follow Seattle Cider Company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Major Brands
Major Brands is Missouri’s largest Missouri-owned distributor of premium wine, spirits, beer and nonalcoholic beverages, with offices in Cape Girardeau, Columbia, Kansas City, Springfield and St. Louis. It serves more than 9,000 customers throughout the state. It began operations in 1934 and remains family owned and operated.