SEATTLE – Seattle Cider Company and Coors Distributing Company are excited to announce a new partnership and the immediate launch of Seattle Cider’s unique selection of dry craft ciders in Colorado. Initially launching in Denver, Colorado becomes the twelfth state to carry Seattle Cider Company since its launch in 2013. Denver will enjoy the growing cidery’s entire year round, limited and seasonal lineup, with official launch events scheduled for this week, April 5 – 7. Launches in additional cities throughout Colorado are expected for later this year.
“Colorado has been on our radar for quite some time and we’re thrilled to be launching with Coors Distributing Company in Denver,” said Caitlin Braam, President of Seattle Cider Company. “The unwavering dedication to craft that exists in this city is just amazing. We’re excited to introduce people to our cider, especially as the demand for dry, craft cider continues to grow.”
“Teaming with the great team at Seattle and bringing in these great handcrafted brands supports our ability to continue to serve our retailers and their consumers with the most comprehensive and consumer preferred portfolio in our market,” said Coors Distributing Company President Chris Kozina.
Known for its handcrafted collection of dry, flavorful ciders – successfully bridging the gap between beer and wine – Seattle Cider Company offerings are made from 100 percent fresh-pressed Washington apples, gluten free and never from concentrate. Scheduled to be available in 16-ounce cans, 22-ounce bottles and on draft throughout Denver, initial Seattle Cider Co. offerings will include:
- Dry: Dry and pleasantly acidic, flavors of nectarine and under ripe peach hit the palate with no residual sweetness. One of the driest ciders on the market. 0 brix, 6.5% ABV, 16-ounce can, draft.
- Semi-Sweet: A light, crisp cider with just a touch of sweetness, this cider is honey in color with notes of bergamot orange, lemon and apple. A refreshing cider, it reveals hints of apricot on the palate. 2.6 brix, 6.5% ABV, 16-ounce can, draft.
- Three Pepper: A small-batch, limited-edition cider, the Three Pepper features an aroma of fresh, green jalapeños. Paired with a unique flavor profile, it combines the taste of poblano, habanero and jalapeño peppers, giving this cider a kick followed by a subtly sweet finish. 3.2 brix, 6.9% ABV, 22-ounce bottle, draft.
- Gin Botanical: Fermented with spent gin botanicals from Batch 206 Distillery, our Gin Botanical is a semi-dry cider showcasing lemon, orange rind, juniper, cucumber and verbena. Like the spirit that inspired it, this cider is complex, clean, aromatic and refreshing. 1.8 brix, 6.9% ABV, 22-ounce bottle, draft.
- Basil Mint: A seasonal cider fermented with fresh basil and mint, this off-dry cider starts savory and floral, complemented perfectly by a tart, clean finish. Available March – May. 1.8 brix, 6.9% ABV, 16-ounce can, draft.
To celebrate its Denver launch, the Seattle Cider Company team will be hosting two events throughout the week of April 3. Events include:
- Wednesday, April 6, 5-7pm: Join the team from Seattle Cider Company at Tag Burger Bar (1222 Madison St.) for an evening of burgers and cider! Featuring the limited edition Gin Botanical on draft, plus the cidery’s flagship Dry in 16-ounce cans.
- Thursday, April 7, 5-7pm: Kick the weekend off early with pints at Federal Bar and Grill (2544 Federal Blvd). Featuring the limited edition Gin Botanical on draft, plus the cidery’s flagship Dry in 16-ounce cans.
Additional ciders will become available in market as they are released throughout the year. Seattle Cider Co. products can currently be found in stores and on tap throughout Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Illinois, Austin, Wisconsin, California, Minnesota, Nevada, Missouri and Colorado, with growing list of locations available at seattlecidercompany.com. For more information about Seattle Cider, Denver launch events and more, follow Seattle Cider Company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@seattleciderco).
About Seattle Cider Company
Not your standard cider. Seattle Cider Company is city’s first cidery since Prohibition, bringing true craft cider back to Seattle and across the country. Bridging the gap between wine and beer with flavorful, small-batch cider, Seattle Cider Company’s year round and seasonal offerings break the mold of overly sweet cider, bringing the natural flavors of Washington apples to the forefront. Naturally gluten free and made from a custom blend of fresh pressed, locally grown apples, Seattle Cider Company’s products are handcrafted with all natural ingredients and never from concentrate. Seattle Cider products are currently available throughout Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Illinois, Austin, Wisconsin, California, Minnesota, Nevada and soon, Missouri and Colorado. Visit our tasting room, The Woods, open weekly Tuesday – Sunday at 4660 Ohio Ave. S. in Seattle. For more information, visit seattlecidercompany.com, or follow Seattle Cider Company on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.