The first stop during the week-long tour will take place on Monday, July 14 at Breakside Brewing’s production facility in Milwaukie, Ore.. The live broadcast will take begin at 5:30 P.M. PST and can be accessed by visiting http://www.brewbound.com/livestream.
Brew Talks — a free, educational and networking series that aims to provide craft brewers with access to valuable insight into the branding, marketing and distribution of craft beer — will make stops at four West Coast craft breweries during the week-long tour. Each stop on the tour will feature panel discussions with well-known craft beer industry professionals. Notable participants include:
- Andy Thomas, CEO, Craft Brew Alliance Brewing
- Brady Walen, Brand Manager, Widmer Brothers Brewing
- Scott Lawrence, Founder, Breakside Brewing
- Mike Gorman, President, Rev. Nat’s Hard Cider
- Tom McCormick, Executive Director, California Craft Brewers Association
- Jason Mussetter, Partner, Mussetter Distributing
- Ryan Fry, Business Development, Sudwerk
- Joe Lotito, General Manager, Unique Craft Solutions
- Nick Anderson, Sales & Marketing, Angel City Brewing
- Ryan Sweeney, Los Angeles Publican
- Dan Partelow, General Manager, Craft Brew Alliance
- Tomme Arthur, Partner, The Lost Abbey
- Scott Slater, Founder, Slater’s 50/50
- Tom Nickel, Owner, O’Brien’s Pub/Nickel Beer Company
- Scot Blair, Founder, Hamiltons/Small Bar Tavern
Three additional live broadcasts — taking place at Sudwerk Brewing in Davis, Calif., Angel City Brewing in Los Angeles and Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens in San Diego –— will begin at 5:30 P.M PST on Tuesday, July 15, Wednesday July, 16 and Thursday July 17, respectively.
The 2014 Brew Talks West Coast Tour is sponsored by Owens-Illinois, VicinityBrew and Reyes Beverage Group.
While previous Brew Talks events have been offered to brewing community members at no cost, this time around Brewbound is partnering with Safe Water International, a non-profit organization dedicated to sourcing clean drinking water in the world’s poorest rural areas. 100 percent of the suggested donation proceeds will be donated to SWI.
To help kick off the fundraising effort, Brewbound is donating $2,500 to support SWI in their mission of identifying clean drinking water solutions and promotion of local marketplace involvement in delivering those solutions.
Interested in Attending? REGISTER Today!
Launched in 2013, Brew Talks are designed to provide craft brewers, distributors and retailers the opportunity to come together in beer friendly locales and have in-depth discussions on the business side of craft beer.