Beginning today, the brewery’s core series, which includes Coronado Golden, Islander IPA, and Mermaid’s Red, will be available on draft and in bottles in Michigan. Additionally, Coranado’s seasonal Crown Series will be available to Michigan drinkers occasionally.
“I’m stoked we’re finally bringing our brews to Michigan,” Brandon Richards, Coronado’s national sales and marketing director, said in a statement. “This is an exciting opportunity for us to be working with the M1 Group; the state’s craft beer drinkers really appreciate our west coast hoppy ales.”
The M1 Network consists of Alpena Beverage Co., Bayside Beverage, Dan henry Distributing Co., Eastown Distributors Co., Gerry’s Distributing Co., I.H.S. Distributing Co., John P. O’Sullivan Dist. Inc., Alliance Beverage, O&W, Inc., Powers Distributing Co., and Wicksall Distributors.
More information in the press release below:
Coronado, CA — Coronado’s hoppy ales are coming to Michigan, arriving on draught and in bottles starting Friday, May 9th, through the M1 Group. Coronado’s Core Series of beers will be offered including Coronado Golden, Islander IPA and Mermaid’s Red, as well as occasional launches of seasonal Crown Series favorites such as Frog’s Breath Unfiltered IPA.
Fresh off the victory trail after being crowned the World Beer Cup® Champion Brewery/Champion Brewmaster among Mid-size Breweries in April, Coronado Brewing representatives will be visiting Michigan for the following launch events:
• Friday, May 9th: Craft Beer Expo at the Royal Oak Farmer’s Market
• Tuesday, May 13th: One Eyed Betty’s, Ferndale launch event
• Tuesday, May 13th: Tom’s Oyster Bar, Royal Oak launch event
• Wednesday, May 14th: 5-7pm, Happy Hour tasting at Bailey’s on Ford Rd. in Canton
• Wednesday, May 14th: 6pm Ashley’s, Westland. Meet the Brewer Event with 6 beers on tap including the 2014 Gold Medal winner Islander IPA and 2014 Silver Medalist Black Sails IPA
• Wednesday, May 14th, 6pm World of Beer, Ann Arbor. Meet the Brewer (or possibly a mermaid) event with 6 beers on tap including the 2014 Gold Medal winning Islander IPA and 2014 Silver Medal winner Black Sails IPA
• Thursday, May 15th: 7pm, Coronado Tap Assault at Woodbridge Pub, 5169 Trumbull St, Detroit, MI 48208, (313) 833-2701
• Tuesday, May 13th: Meet the Brewer Launch Party at Harrison Roadhouse, 720 Michigan Ave, East Lansing, MI 48823
• Thursday, May 15th: Meet the Brewer Launch Party at Beggars Banquet, 218 Abbott Rd, East Lansing, MI 48823
• May 16th-17th: 5-10 pm, May 17, 3-10pm: World Expo of Beer Festival
• Thursday, May 15th, 5:30-8pm: Kalamazoo Beer Exchange, 5-Tap Takeover featuring Coronado and Cigar City collaboration Jurata Baltic Porter
“I’m stoked we’re finally bringing our brews to Michigan,” said Brandon Richards, Coronado’s national sales and marketing director. “This is an exciting opportunity for us to be working with the M1 Group; The state’s craft beer drinkers really appreciate our west coast hoppy ales.”
Coronado Website: http://coronadobrewingcompany.com M1 Group Website: http://michigan1.org
About Coronado Brewing Company:
In 1996, when craft beer was still a foreign term and San Diego County was home to only a handful of breweries, the Chapman brothers Ron and Rick opened a brewpub in their hometown of Coronado. CBC brews abundantly hoppy West Coast-style ales staying true to their San Diego roots. They began distributing their beers throughout the local market, and today you can find Coronado beers in 17 states across the US. In addition to their long established pub in Coronado, the company opened a tasting room inside their newly built San Diego production facility in early 2013.
About Michigan M1 Network:
The Michigan M1 Network is comprised of eleven local distributors that offer one seamless distribution network for the state. The M1 Network employs over 1,200 people in the state, 177 people have their Cicerone Beer Server Certification with many moving to the next level. The network includes the following wholesalers: Alpena Beverage Co., Bayside Beverage Co., Dan Henry Distributing Co., Eastown Distributing Co., Gerry’s Distributing Co., I.H.S. Distributing Co., John P. O’sullivan Distributing Inc., Alliance Beverage, O&W, Inc., Powers Distributing Co., and Wicksall Distributors.