Boulder, CO — The Brewers Association (BA)—the not-for-profit trade group dedicated to promoting and protecting America’s small and independent craft brewers— established its 2016 Board of Directors.
The Board, which governs the activities of the professional division of the BA and other Brewers Association divisions, including the American Homebrewers Association, Brewers Publications and events, is led by newly elected chair Rob Tod, founder of Allagash Brewing Company.
“I have always been a proud member of the craft brewing community. It is a great honor to take the helm of the Board of Directors and work alongside my colleagues and esteemed craft brewers,” said Tod. “It’s a dynamic time in our industry, and I look forward to working with my fellow board representatives, Brewers Association staff and our members, on the issues that matter most to our community,” said Tod.
The 2016 BA Board of Directors is made up of the following members:
- Chair – Rob Tod, Allagash Brewing Co, Portland, ME
- Vice Chair – Eric Wallace, Left Hand Brewing Co, Longmont, CO
- Secretary/Treasurer – Larry Chase, Standing Stone Brewing Co, Ashland, OR
- Past Chair – Steve Hindy, Brooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, NY
- Brewers Association President & CEO – Bob Pease
- Brewers Association Founder – Charlie Papazian
American Homebrewers Association Representative Board Members
- Chris P. Frey, Saline, MI
- Jake Keeler, Roseville, MN
At-Large Board Members
- Steve Bradt, Free State Brewing Co, Lawrence, KS
- Dan Kopman, Schlafly Beer/The Saint Louis Brewery, Saint Louis, MO
- Scott Metzger, Freetail Brewing Co, San Antonio, TX
- Steve Wagner, Stone Brewing Co., Escondido, CA
- Brewpub Representative Board Members
- Larry Chase, Standing Stone Brewing Co, Ashland, OR
- Tom Dargen, Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurants/CraftWorks Restaurants and Breweries, Broomfield, CO
- Tom Flores, Brewer’s Alley Restaurant and Brewery, Frederick, MD
- Cyrena Nouzille, Ladyface Ale Companie, Agoura Hills, CA
- Tony Simmons, Pagosa Brewing Company & Grill, Pagosa Springs, CO
- Packaging Brewery Representative Board Members
- Steve Crandall, Devils Backbone Brewing Co, Roseland, VA
- Leslie Henderson, Lazy Magnolia Brewing Co, Kiln, MS
- Steve Hindy, Brooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, NY
- Dan Kleban, Maine Beer Co, Freeport, ME
- John Mallett, Bell’s Brewery, Inc., Galesburg, MI
- Garrett Marrero, Maui Brewing Co, Kihei, HI
- Rob Tod, Allagash Brewing Co, Portland, ME
- Eric Wallace, Left Hand Brewing Co, Longmont, CO
- AHA Governing – Jake Keeler
- Brewpub – Cyrena Nouzille
- Events – Steve Bradt
- Executive – Rob Tod
- Finance – Larry Chase
- Governance – Steve Bradt
- Government Affairs – Eric Wallace
- Market Development Committee – Steve Crandall
- Public Relations & Marketing – Steve Hindy
- Technical—John Mallett
“With more breweries in the country than ever, the Brewers Association board will be a driving force behind the strategic direction of the growing community of small and independent brewers,” said Bob Pease, president & CEO, Brewers Association. “I am excited to work in concert with this passionate group of revered brewers to execute their vision. As the board evolves, we thank those who have committed their time, knowledge and experience to serving our membership.”
About the Brewers Association
The Brewers Association is the not-for-profit trade association dedicated to small and independent American brewers, their beers and the community of brewing enthusiasts. The Brewers Association (BA) represents more than 70 percent of the brewing industry, and its members make more than 99 percent of the beer brewed in the U.S. The BA organizes events including the World Beer CupSM, Great American Beer Festival®, Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America®, SAVOR℠: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience, AHA National Homebrewers Conference, National Homebrew Competition and American Craft Beer Week®. The BA publishes The New Brewer magazine and its Brewers Publications division is the largest publisher of contemporary and relevant brewing literature for today’s craft brewers and homebrewers.
Beer lovers are invited to learn more about the dynamic world of craft beer at CraftBeer.com and about homebrewing via the BA’s American Homebrewers Association. Follow us on Twitter.
The Brewers Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status. The BA complies with provisions of Executive Order 11246 and the rules, regulations, and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.