Portland, Ore. — Join the Breakside Brewery team at Belmont Station next Tuesday, July 19th from 5-7pm for the release party for summer seasonal ‘Passionfruit Sour Ale’ and the kickoff to Puckerfest! The 10th annual Puckerfest is a weeklong celebration of sour beers and Breakside will be featuring three new barrel-aged sour beers on tap in addition to Passionfruit Sour on draft and in 22oz bottles.
Passionfruit Sour Ale is Breakside Brewery’s most popular seasonal and will be brewed July – September of 2016. Passionfruit Sour rolls out next week to Oregon and Washington on draft and in 22oz bottles and will then begin distribution in Washington, N. California, BC, Hawaii and Denver on August 5th.
Breakside Passionfruit Sour Ale Description:
- a refreshing sour ale with a kiss of tropical fruit
- our award-winning sour ale returns as our official summer seasonal. Passionfruit Sour is brewed in the tradition of a classic German Berliner weisse, and then we add a unique, tropical twist. We use lactic acid-producing bacteria to produce a beer that is light in body, extremely refreshing, and mouth puckeringly tart. The addition of passionfruit in our lagering tanks gives this beer an inviting stonefruit aroma.
- Malts: Two Row, German Wheat, Light Crystal
- Hops: Hersbrucker
- 5% ABV 3 IBU
- Suggested Food Pairings: beef tartare, rich chowders and dishes with heavy cream sauces, Kalua pork, Alsatian choucroute, braised short rib, Polish pierogies, mole negro
- PACKAGE TYPE: 22 oz Bottle; 50L, 1/2 bbl, and 1/6 bbl Draft;
Passionfruit Sour Ale Release Party and Puckerfest Kickoff!
- Tuesday, June 19th 5-7pm
- Belmont Station
- 4500 SE Stark St, Portland, OR 97215
In addition to bottles and draft of Passionfruit Sour Ale, Breakside will be featuring sneak peeks of our next rare bottle releases.
- Carte Blanche — Gin meets Brett meets hops- a blend of some of our favorite flavors
- God Only Knows — Bourbon Barrel-Aged Sour Ale With Coconut
- Next Thursday — A collaboration with Alesong Brewing & Blending: Pinot Noir and fruit-forward golden ale with a background of Bourbon and Brett.
About Breakside Brewery
Breakside Brewery opened in 2010 in the Woodlawn neighborhood of Northeast Portland as a restaurant and pub brewery The brewery gained attention early on for its innovative, experimental and diverse beers, while also winning a first medal at the Great American Beer Festival in 2011. In 2013, Breakside expanded operations to Milwaukie, OR with a 30 bbl production brewery filled with 30, 60 and 120 barrel tanks, barrel rooms for wild and non-wild/sour fermentations, and a 24-tap tasting room.
In 2014 Breakside was awarded with the highly coveted Gold Medal for American-Style IPA at the Great American Beer Festival for their flagship IPA, which was also named to Men’s Journal’s 100 Best Beers In The World and the best beer in Oregon by The Oregonian. Breakside is also known for their portfolio of barrel-aged and sour beers like Bourbon Barrel-Aged Aztec, a strong amber ale with chocolate and chilies, that won Bronze at both Chicago’s Festival of Barrel-Aged Beers and Best of Craft Beer Awards, and Passionfruit Sour a fruited berliner-weisse style beer that earned a Bronzeat the 2013 Great American Beer festivalIn 2016, Breakside plans to open a new brewpub in Northwest Portland’s Slabtown neighborhood.
Breakside Beers are available on draft and in 22oz bottles in Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, Northern California, Colorado, Idaho, British Columbia, and Alberta.